While the amount of technology in our daily lives can be overwhelming at times, it can also have a dramatic impact on our productivity levels. When you use technology to simplify your life, you are not just making things easier you’re also making yourself more efficient and productive.
Financial institutions across the country have made great strides in providing customers with online tools that will help make them more efficient and productive. These include things like online banking, automatic payments, investing apps and much more. MidWestOne’s eAlerts is another example.
The free eAlerts service lets you set up 17 different types of notices for important events related to your checking account, savings account, certificate of deposit or loans. You can have the alert sent to your online banking home page, an e-mail address, or receive it by text message.
This can be a helpful tool when you’re on the go. For example, a text message can let you know when:
- Your payroll deposit is credited to your account.
- Your account balance is below a certain amount that you select.
- Your loan payment needs to be made.
Using this approach, one customer was able to fix an error with her employer that was preventing her from getting paid. When she didn’t receive her payroll deposit alert, she contacted MidWestOne, who confirmed that she hadn’t been paid yet. She was then able to determine that there was an error in her employer’s accounting department that was preventing payroll to go through. The eAlert allowed her to address the issue immediately, instead of waiting longer to even realize there was a problem.
Here are some other ways you can use technology to help simplify your financial life:
- Sign up for online banking.
- Utilize your bank’s online bill paying service.
- Sign up for paperless statements, where available.
- Schedule automatic payments.
- Use online statements and other apps and tools to analyze your spending habits.