Online Safety Tips
So you’re going on a trip? Together, we’ll help you stay on top of your finances before, during and after your vacation. After all - we want you to have peace of mind while you’re basking on the beach or hitting the slopes somewhere!
The most important thing to do is to notify us in advance of your trip, especially if you’ll be traveling outside of the U.S. Just give us a call!
Falcon™ Fraud Manager
Falcon™ Fraud Manager helps identify and reduce fraud risk by detecting potentially fraudulent debit card transactions. Suspect activity may result in a temporary block until cardholder activity can be verified. To limit any impact, please keep in mind the following travel tips.
- Notify the bank in advance of your trip, especially if you will be traveling outside of the U.S.
- Keep fraud reporting and customer service contact information with you in a safe place away from your wallet or handbag. Call MidWestOne Bank at 1-800-247-4418 or 319-356-5800. During non-banking hours, contact SHAZAM at 1-800-383-8000.
- Check your home voice mail if you experience problems using your card.
- Check your available balances before you leave. Know the limits on how much cash you can withdraw or purchases you can make.
- Find out what ATM or debit card fees you may be subject to around the country and abroad.
- Bring a list of emergency phone numbers. Be sure to get a number for your bank that you can call if you're out of the country.
- Guard your receipts and keep them in one place while traveling.
Please contact us for more information.